Qualifying Innovator Form 23
Innovation Festival Innovation Award submission information
The Local Council Roads Innovation Group (LCRIG) invites you to apply to be a Qualifying Innovator at this year’s Innovation Festival.
The event will take place from 04 – 05 July 2023 at Newark Showground.
This year’s LCRIG Innovation Festival is offering winning innovators the opportunity to select one of the following prizes:
– Funding for the development of a solution (up to a max value of £10k)
– Opportunity for a trial with a Local Authority (trial funded by the Local Authority, up to a max of £10k and subject to the individual terms of the Local Authority)
– Market entry consultancy support with a member of LCRIG’s Technical Advisory Panel (TAP) up to a max duration of 2 days (16 hours)
* The successful organisations in each category will also receive one complimentary delegate place at the DfT Special Recognition Awards evening, which will take place on 05 October 2023 at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool.
Qualifying Innovator categories:
1. Fleet and equipment
Innovative product, service or practice in fleet and equipment, including but not limited to vehicles, equipment, fleet management process.
2. Bridges and other structures
Innovative, product, service or practice relating to the design, construction, inspection and/or maintenance of highway structures, including but not limited to bridges, retaining walls, sign gantries, culverts.
3. Climate Resilience
Innovative product, service or practice to anticipate, prepare for, and/or respond to hazardous events, trends, or disturbances related to climate, including but not limited to flood defences, drainage, snow and ice, extreme heat.
4. Transport Technology
Innovative product, service or practice relating transport technology, including but not limited to Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Connected ITS (C-ITS); Automotive; Smart Mobility and Mobility as a Service (MaaS); Smart Cities and communities; Logistics; and ICT and related developments including Cloud computing and Big Data, asset management, Future mobility.
Innovative product, service or practice for surface treatments including but not limited to new surfacing, surface dressing, preservation treatments, stabilisation, micro-surfacing, pothole repairs, patching and anti-skid.
Innovative product, service or practice that contributes to the protection and enhancement of our biodiversity, including but not limited to vegetation management, green estate, habitat creation, wildflower meadows.
7. Traffic signs and lines
Innovative product, service or practice relating to traffic signs, lines and lighting, including but not limited to illuminated bollards, road markings, road studs, street lighting, traffic signs, asset management, retro-reflectivity.
8. Street Lighting
An innovative product, service or practice relating to street lighting including but not limited to LED lighting, cutting carbon emissions, maintenance, data and energy savings.
To submit your qualifying innovator award application, the process is as follows:
1. Select the qualifying innovator award category that is relevant to your innovation from the list below.
2. Complete and submit the Qualifying Innovator Form below, providing more details of your innovation by 17:00hrs on Friday 02 June 2023.
3. The Qualifying Innovator Form will be reviewed by the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board prior to the Innovation Festival on 4th and 5th July.
4. Throughout the Innovation Festival, the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board and delegates at the event will judge the qualifying innovators.
5. All scores will be collated at the end of the festival and the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board will review the results. The final decision for the winning innovations in each category will be made by the LCRIG Infrastructure Innovation Board.
The deadline for Qualifying Innovator award submissions is 17:00 hrs on Friday 02 June 2023.
The winners in each category will be announced on Thursday 27 July 2023. All Qualifying Innovators will receive feedback on their submission.
The LCRIG Innovation Festival Qualifying Innovator awards are open to eligible sponsors and exhibitors.
Terms and Conditions:
• One winner will be selected per award category
• Applicants can submit up to a maximum of TWO innovations (innovations must be in separate award categories)
• Each innovation can only be submitted in ONE individual award category
• Submissions will not be accepted for innovations that have previously received funding from the LCRIG Steve Berry Innovation Fund / Innovation Festival.
• Successful innovations that have opted to receive funding must agree to submit a proposal detailing how the funding will used within FOUR weeks of notification that they have been successful.
*Please note that applicants will retain their IP.
** A proportion of all exhibition space and sponsor sales at the festival will be put into the LCRIG / Steve Berry Innovation Fund to contribute to the fund.
If you need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01254 945250.